For many business owners networking can seem like a chore. You know it needs to be done but there are plenty of other things you would rather be doing. Furthermore, with 95% of people saying that face-to-face meetings are essential for long-term business relationships, is networking something you can afford to avoid? Whilst there are many important business benefits to be had from networking, the truth is you will only get out of it what you put into it – so if you’ve got to be networking you might as well be making the best of it. Here’s some top tips on how to be a successful networker:
Smart business owners won’t be waiting until the New Year to plan how they are going to improve their business in 2016, they will already be putting plans into place to ensure that next year is their most successful yet. What have you got planned to improve your business in 2016? If you’re looking for a way to increase the number of links you have to vital new business, hosting a networking event could be the answer – and we’ve got just the event for you. Hosting a Company Golf Day means that you can bring your most valued clients and colleagues together in a fun and social environment for a networking event that they will actually enjoy – and which will send business benefits your way.
5 Reasons a Company Golf Day will be your best business decision for 2016
- Nurture existing business relationships – putting on an event for a select group of your clients will help those chosen to feel valued and appreciated by your business. In turn they will have more respect for you and the work you do for them. Inviting them to a networking event also gives them the gift of new business opportunities themselves, as they will be mixing with like-minded, driven people.
- Develop vital new business connections – the best thing about bringing your clients to an event on the South Coast Golf Tour is that hosting such an event to woo your clients hasn’t just been for their benefit – with the wider network that plays on the Tour it’s a great chance for you to put your business in the limelight and build some great business connections yourself.
- Increase your brand awareness– hosting an event on the South Coast Golf Tour will provide you will ample opportunities to show case your brand, from branded banners and materials decorating the event on the day, to gaining visibility on the South Coast Golf Tour website, people are sure to be talking about your business after such an event.
- Improve your business reputation – Additionally, having your top clients at the event singing your praises means the group will be able to hear first-hand why they should work with you.
- Maximise business opportunities with a Joint Company Golf Day – if you really want to boost the atmosphere then a joint company golf day could provide even more for both you and your clients – more people, more opportunities and more success! Choose a company you know well to team up with or allow the South Coast Golf Tour to find the best fit for you and your clients by contacting tour director David on 07881 010847.
As dawn broke on Friday 23rd October, who could believe that another year on the South Coast Golf Tour had almost come to an end? But not before the UK’s leading health insurer, WPA Health Insurance, had hosted their Company Golf Day following the success of their client hospitality day in 2014. Yes, the most valued clients of WPA Health Insurance and our very own Tour members took to the greens one final time for the ultimate event of our 5th anniversary Tour. This time it was the testing bunkers and challenging range of mature trees at Old Thorns Manor Hotel Golf and Country Estate that stood between them and victory.
Double PointsAnd just when everyone thought it was almost over, we threw a double-points twist into the mix for the race to become the 2015 Tour champion. That’s right, every player’s score from Old Thorns was doubled, opening up the competition and placing 10 players in the running for Tour champion – but who would come out on top?
Tour ChampionWell, it was congratulations to Peter Raynsford from 5 Rings Telecom, who might have gone into the final round of the championship as an underdog but who played his way to the top – making him a two-time South Coast Golf Champion, with victories in both 2011 and 2015. What a fitting way to end our 5th anniversary year with our first winner coming back to reclaim the prize.
A Triumph for CharityThank you to everyone that has taken part in the Charity Putting Competition throughout this year’s Tour – you have all helped to raise a grand total of £1406 for our charity sponsor, dizzy: support for diabetes. And congratulations to Jason Harfield from Orion Lightning Protection who was named the 2015 charity putting champion!
Time to PartyThe day didn’t end when the golf did – there was still the Tour Final Party to come. Many of the day’s participants stayed for a fantastic evening’s entertainment to celebrate another successful year. There was an indulgent three-course dinner, entertainment from the sensational Queen B tribute band, followed by a disco. How we are going to top this next year we just don’t know!
A Final Thank YouWhat we do know is that such a successful year on the Tour wouldn’t have been possible without such a strong network of continued support, belief and sponsorship from so many businesses. So a special thank you this year to Carpenter Box, 5 Rings Telecom, Orion Lightning Protection, Unibind, UHY Hacker Young, WPA Health Insurance, dizzy: support for diabetes and all of our Tour members. Planning has already begun for the 2016 Tour and Company Golf Day slots are being booked up fast. If you are interested in the benefits that hosting a company golf day on the Tour can yield for your business, contact Tour Director, David Fluke, on 07881 810847 or via email@example.com.
It may have been blowing a gale on the most unforgiving course on the South Coast on Friday 18th August, but no amount of wind or rain was going to send our players into a spin, especially not for the dizzy: support for diabetes golf day. In support of this Sussex-based charity, which provides support and financial assistance for diabetics, Tour members and dizzy guests alike turned out in force for a fabulous day of Golf.
Raising AwarenessThe charity’s primary aim is to promote awareness of diabetes across Sussex and there were various opportunities to do this throughout the day. One way to do this was through a menu created to be suitable for people with diabetes to eat. The delicious chicken lasagne, which was served as the main course reminded the players of the challenges diabetic people have to go through to ensure they are eating the correct food. The well-loved charity putting competition, which sends proceeds to dizzy throughout the Tour year, was in full swing at this event as well a raffle full of fantastic prizes, including golf lessons, golf equipment, wine and other goodies, to raise money for this worthy cause.
Nearest the PinPlenty of controversy surrounded the Nearest The Pin competition at Littlehampton Golf Club. Adam Westwood, from Titan Scaffolding, claimed to have been nearest on the 3rd but insisted it was too wet to write his result onto the scoreboard. We thought it all sounded a bit fishy but his claim was actually validated by his team members – so we’ll trust you this time Adam.
The WinnersThis time it was Graham Lind from CNC ltd who conquered the difficult weather conditions and achieved victory at Littlehampton. Meanwhile Matt Clifton-Bowley from LWS Marketing battled his way to be best of the rest. This takes him to the top of the order of merit leader board with his eyes set on the prize this year. Discover the full list of winners here and keep up-to-date with how the order of merit is looking. The next stop on the South Coast Golf Tour is the Unibind and Hacker Young joint company golf day at Piltdown Golf Club. Don’t miss the chance to play at this East Sussex gem – secure your place now.
Well there was certainly no chance of lightning at our scorching event at Wildwood Golf Club on Friday 10th July, especially with the Orion Lighting Protection experts around. Things were certainly heating up at their mini golf day – and we’re not just talking about the weather. Our own tour members couldn’t wait for the chance to build rapport with Orion’s most valued clients and to show the newbies how we roll on the South Coast Golf Tour.